If you’re thinking about getting braces, its natural to have questions or concerns, but make sure you are not letting any myths get to you!
Myths about Braces:
- You can still safely play sports.
- You can still play musical instrument’s effectively, including ones that use your mouth.
- Braces don’t actually set off metal detectors.
- It does’nt interfere with radio signals.
- It does’nt act as magnetic
- It’s not possible to “lock” Braces when kissing another person with braces.
Facts about Braces:
Braces are nearly 300 years old
- French physician Pierre Fanchard,
- Known as the father of modern dentistry, made the first set in 1728.
- Edward Angle made Some important advancements to fix problematic tooth alignments more effectively.
- He created brackets in 1915, and there was 14 or 18 karat gold used because of its Maleable properties.
The type of wire used for braces was invented by NASA
- NASA developed a metal alloy called Nickel – Titanium in 1959.
- These are thin, highly flexible wires that could maintain their shape after being bent and attached to the Wearer’s teeth.
Braces are’nt just for straightening your teeth
Main Benefits by a fix wearer & bite, they also alleviate an array of health problems, including:
- Difficulty speaking
- Breathing issues
- Problems like Chewing and Swallowing
There are over 10 different types of braces
All braces are the sample, but they actually vary from one another in small ways.
- Orthodontist evaluate what type of braces are best for you who don’t want their braces to be visible, Invisible is a great option.
- Mini or Procelain braces are also sometimes an option for individuals who don’t need their braces to be fully visible but also want them to be somewhat less noticeable.
All Orthodontists are dentists.
- Orthodontist is actually a dentist who specialises in the prevention and treatment of malocclusions and other teeth irregularities.
- About 6% of dentists are orthodontists.
Braces are’nt just for tweens and teens
- One in five Orthodontic Patients is an adult. These days Orthodontic treatments are available for parents, grandparents and also & we are recommended getting your child into an dental office by age Seven.
- Sometimes, seeking orthdontic care for a small child can entirely prevent him or her from needing braces later in life.
Time and Pressure Work, Wonders
- Time and pressure are the perfect teamwork that make the perfect smile work!
- Every tooth has a nerve ending inside, which is known as pulp. If your teeth were realigned too quickly, the process would cut off blood supply.
- Instead, teeth are adjusted with slow, steady pressure so the pulp continues to move with the tooth, supplying the tooth tissue with the blood and nutrition it needs.
- The archwires of the braces are designed to get the perfect amount of pressure to each tooth, which means moving to the desired location at the most healthy and efficient rate possible.
Braces can help prevent cavities.
- Braces aren’t just for improving the look of your teeth.
- Yes they straighten your teeth so you have a better – looking smile. But braces do much more.
- For instance, foot gets stuck more easily between crowded and crooked teeth than straight ones.
- With time, this can lead to tooth decay, cavities, and gum disease.
- Straightening your teeth with braces solves this problem.
- It creates a mouthfull of teeth that are less likely to develop cavities and other dental health problem.
Today’s Braces are Pretty high tech
- Some things about braces are super cool. Among the new types are “invisible” braces, featuring a cutting edge material called TPA
- For braces, the material works just as well as the traditional metal braces. It Straightens teeth and gets jaw in line.
- However, they look transparent on your teeth, so it’s harder for others to see the braces.
Your retainer is important.
- you’ll have to commit to wearing a custom retainer according to the Orthodontist’s recommendation.
- Some retainers are removable and can be worn for a few hours. Each Evening , and others are permanently attached.
Nearly 25% of Orthodontic patients have to return to their treatments after completing them.
This is because they did not wear their retainers and their teeth started to move back to their original positions!
Be sure to follow all the guidelines given to you by your orthodontist, so that you can keep your healthy teeth where they belong.
For Any Dental Problems or for correction of Teeth Visit Swarna Dento Care – The Best Dental Clinic in Vizag.